Monday, February 13, 2012

2-13-12

1-20-12


In May 2011, I weighed 270 lbs and smoked a pack of cigarettes a day. I had been overweight for most of my life and hated myself. I've tried all the quick diet pills and quick fixes and had more failures than I can remember.

Late June 2011, the light bulb went on and I decided to arm myself with knowledge on getting healthy. I studied nutrition and started exercising.... the only way to accomplish body transformation is to master caloric deficits. ACCOUNTABILITY IS KING.

This blog will show my intense journey to losing over 85 lbs in the past 8 months, while quitting smoking and finding the love of my life. If  I can inspire some more people to do the same, my journey would be even more meaningful.... this has become my higher purpose.
 

Thank you to Alan Hirsch and Joe Stierwalt for their guidance in getting this blog rolling.



Sure have been an underachiever on writing this month. I suppose it isn't the worst thing to take a step back, catch my breath, and admit that there are things I struggle with. Easy to get caught up in writing about my world when I was up in the clouds..... and it was easy to slip when things got difficult. I wasn't loafing in the gym, but it became the place I escaped to , not the place I thrived in.

The start of a new week is the perfect opportunity to rededicate myself. I have physical goals to crush and a class to instruct. Lots of people would trade for those opportunities. I felt strong in my prayers again this morning. That had been lacking. Hard to understand how I prayed less as things weighed on me more. All I have to do is glance at my "before" pictures to see I've been blessed with good health. Really easy to see I've also been surrounded with the best friends a man could ask for.

Sure, there is something else I seek, but I know it will come to me more easily as I become stronger inside.

As for physical goals, I'm not happy with my body fat % this morning. I know what I have to do to fix that. Step one is getting requisite sleep. I was letting things get to me.... worrying about things that were out of my control. Not healthy. After a great session this morning with my personal trainer, Becky Carder, capped with a reminder that, yes, she is indeed the best stretcher west of the Mississippi, I'm taking the rest of the day off for some much needed R&R.

Celebrating Valentine's day 1 day early with a very lovely girl. Life can't be so bad after all.



Happy 12th anniversary to my favorite couple, Tom and Becky Holcomb!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment