Friday, March 9, 2012

3-9-12

April 2009 -- I was up to 305#  -- I had Jerry stand in front of me, but I wasn't hiding anything -- I barely fit in the seats at the Yankees/Royals game



Look at my boy February 2012 -- tough kid


G-cycle practice 3-7-12 -- Just shy of my 43rd birthday and I am getting stronger and more fit every week -- I love Genesis Health Clubs




In May 2011, I weighed 270 lbs and smoked a pack of cigarettes a day. I had been overweight for most of my life and hated myself. I've tried all the quick diet pills and quick fixes and had more failures than I can remember.

Late June 2011, the light bulb went on and I decided to arm myself with knowledge on getting healthy. I studied nutrition and started exercising.... the only way to accomplish body transformation is to master caloric deficits. ACCOUNTABILITY IS KING.

This blog will show my intense journey to losing over 85 lbs in the past 8 months, while quitting smoking. If  I can inspire some more people to do the same, my journey would be even more meaningful.... this has become my higher purpose.
 

Thank you to Alan Hirsch and Joe Stierwalt for their guidance in getting this blog rolling.
 

Go, Tamara, go!!! http://smilestillithurts.blogspot.com/2012/03/im-thisclose-to-10-up-to-date-stats.html?spref=fb

Not a lot to close out my workout week. Wanted to share a link to my friend Tamara's blog and give a big thank you to 4 very  important people ..... I thank God for all 4 :

1. Sebastian Reavis --
Sebastian is the one who talked me into joining Genesis. Took me 3 years to get my attitude and dedication straightened out, but I love where I am headed. Seb also helped me with some shoulder issues this week. Greatly appreciated, brother. You are back to kicking ass in the gym -- keep up the hard work!

2. Becky Holcomb --
My Coach inspires so many people. Couldn't ask for a better friend and she is the one I turn to when my body says it needs a day off and I could use that extra little push to stop being stubborn and just listen to my body. I have been blessed with good health and am thankful to be able to work out hard 5 days a week. Going 6 days a week on occasion is fine. I worked out hard 6 days on consecutive weeks, though, and I was feeling pretty beat up by yesterday afternoon.


3. Michelle Stoll --
Cardio & Iron class from Wednesday still has me smiling! It was a huge challenge and soooooo fun! You are the coolest instructor, Michelle, you just are. Always a pleasure to work out with you.


4. Stewart Flinn --
Exudes more positive energy than anyone I've ever met. Just call me "Grasshopper" as I seek to follow in your footsteps.


Working on some new songs for G-cycle. Toughened up one set of music -- adding some fun stuff to a 2nd set. Nothing I'd rather do than lead that class. I will do all I can to get better every week. Thank you to my students for working so hard.... I can't wait until Tuesday 9 AM!!!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot for sharing my link! I have to return the favor. What I'd really like to see is an updated pic of you and Jerry together to see the difference. Great job. You continue to inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Tamara! Yeah, we'll have some pics taken together soon. He is in great shape. Good looking boy.

    ReplyDelete