Wednesday, August 15, 2012

8-15-12

In May 2011, I weighed 270 lbs and smoked a pack of cigarettes a day. I had been overweight for most of my life and hated myself. I've tried all the quick diet pills and quick fixes and had more failures than I can remember.

Late June 2011, the light bulb went on and I decided to arm myself with knowledge on getting healthy. I studied nutrition and started exercising.... the only way to accomplish body transformation is to master caloric deficits. ACCOUNTABILITY IS KING.

This blog will show my intense journey to losing over 85 lbs in the past 8 months, while quitting smoking. If  I can inspire some more people to do the same, my journey would be even more meaningful.... this has become my higher purpose.
 


Thank you to Alan Hirsch and Joe Stierwalt for their guidance in getting this blog rolling.


Lesson Learned
_______________



No more Intermittent Fasting. Aiming for startling results, I read up on I.F., running with it for 13 days. My food intake was to be kept within an 8 hour time frame. I selected noon to 8 PM. The 1st 5 days were pretty easy, but each subsequent day grew more difficult.

Today was the end of my experiment. My personal trainer Becky Carder saved my ass towards the end of a training session, running to the front desk to get me a banana so I could get something in my stomach. Wasn't sure whether I was going to be sick or pass out... neither was an acceptable option.

I work out hard, burning a ton of calories. I.F. may be great for some, but it simply doesn't work for me. My body will not grow stronger if I refuse to listen to it. The results I want are within striking distance. Slight modification -- adding a light breakfast -- will make a big difference. All I have to do is continue working out hard and eating right.

Rule #1 in fitness :
Everyone's body is different. What works for me may or may not work for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment