Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Next Chapter Part 1

Group Centergy July 2014 launch
Genesis Health Clubs McPherson 7-17-14
 


I set 1 measurable goal and 1 long range goal. Long range was to practice Centergy every day forever.
Short range goal was to lose 30#.
 
Good news is that I have reached my lowest weight of the year 8 consecutive weeks..... and better yet, there hasn't been 1 MAJOR drop from week to week. Slow + steady = safe & healthy.
What will not allow me to lower my guard is the fact that I weighed in today at 213#, THE SAME WEIGHT I DROPPED DOWN TO EARLY LAST NOVEMBER. I got up to 230# last fall..... and then was back to 230# by mid May. I am human, thus no stranger to yo-yoing on the scale.
 
I had SHOCKING weight loss results in 2011 as I ate clean 95% of the time and had sessions with my personal trainer twice a week. I also did Group Power at least twice a week, a big factor.
My problem the last half of 2012, all of 2013 & the 1st half of 2014 was psychological. I am ALWAYS happy in the gym, but I was miserable most of the time outside of the gym. I was being too hard on myself..... we all do that. I was depressed about my shoulders being bad. Work schedule kept me out of church for 5 years. I had relationship issues.
Yep, I discovered my inner crybaby.
 
Lots and lots and lots of comfort food was my solution. I didn't believe in myself in Group Centergy, so 90% of my workouts were in bike classes. No variety in exercise is not good for us. I always knew that. I pretty much built a house on my plateau and decided to just stay there.
 
Psychological...... that is 99% of the battle. Big turnaround came from an opportunity in McPherson. My attitude started changing the 1st time I subbed there in April. I was so excited about the chance to bring my voice and message to a new group that it reset my focus. After subbing for a few weeks, I had decided to send an email of "Look, you simply HAVE to add me to the team"..... but I was beat to the punch..... I was offered a spot on the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment