Tuesday, November 13, 2012

11-13-12






In May 2011, I weighed 270 lbs and smoked a pack of cigarettes a day. I had been overweight for most of my life and hated myself. I've tried all the quick diet pills and quick fixes and had more failures than I can remember.

Late June 2011, the light bulb went on and I decided to arm myself with knowledge on getting healthy. I studied nutrition and started exercising.... the only way to accomplish body transformation is to master caloric deficits. ACCOUNTABILITY IS KING.

This blog will show my intense journey to quit smoking and dedicate my life to being physically fit. If  I can inspire some more people to do the same, my journey would be even more meaningful.... this has become my higher purpose.
 

Thank you to Alan Hirsch and Joe Stierwalt for their guidance in getting this blog rolling. 





Another day to celebrate. As I was walking to the car after receiving the news that my freestyle class,
G-cycle, goes back on the schedule Fridays at 915 AM starting January 11th, my 1st thought was that 3 classes a week is a pretty big step up from what began 11 months ago as 1 class every other week.

How about a bigger step than that? I began my journey with a 3 mile walk in June 2011. That 3 mile walk was honestly at least a mile longer than what I should have done that day. I had to back off for the rest of that week.

I spent my 1st 6 months of exercise as a smoker. I was up to a pretty heavy class load at Genesis by month #4, but smoking was short circuiting my gains. Like many smokers, I considered myself physically fit. Nonsense. It took a life changer named Joe Stierwalt, my 1st personal trainer, to show me the truth : If I wanted a shot at living my dream of becoming an instructor at Genesis, smoking wasn't an option.

Did becoming an ex smoker pay off? I became an instructor 3 weeks later.

I'm going to keep this entry short and sweet, thanking God for my Genesis family and the opportunity I have been presented.

No guarantees come with the addition of G-cycle to the schedule. It is being added on a trial basis and I need good attendance for it to stick. What more could I ask for, though? I am blessed to be on a team that believes in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment