Tuesday, March 13, 2012

3-13-12


1-2-12 with Group Centergy instructor Michelle Stoll


In May 2011, I weighed 270 lbs and smoked a pack of cigarettes a day. I had been overweight for most of my life and hated myself. I've tried all the quick diet pills and quick fixes and had more failures than I can remember.

Late June 2011, the light bulb went on and I decided to arm myself with knowledge on getting healthy. I studied nutrition and started exercising.... the only way to accomplish body transformation is to master caloric deficits. ACCOUNTABILITY IS KING.

This blog will show my intense journey to losing over 85 lbs in the past 8 months, while quitting smoking. If  I can inspire some more people to do the same, my journey would be even more meaningful.... this has become my higher purpose.
 

Thank you to Alan Hirsch and Joe Stierwalt for their guidance in getting this blog rolling.
   

Just a brief love letter to this morning's G-cycle class.

Dawn, Valerie, Nita, Tina, Detra, Eric, Cheri, Becca, Michelle and Kelly :
THANK YOU  for making this the most fun class I've had. This was a big day for me -- the new songs were songs from my personal collection -- truly felt like I put my stamp on the class by introducing them to the set. I applaud your enthusiasm and hard work.... and I know it showed .... I know you are aware I am very sincere when I say how proud you make me.

That is a really intense set. The relentless pace appeals to me. It was a team effort. We were all dialed in to having a good time and working hard. You KILLED IT this morning! The sweat was flying and it did my heart good to see and hear your enthusiasm. I owe it to you to push myself in practice tomorrow - different set of music for Thursday's class. It will be radically different in style, but the intensity will remain strong.

It really doesn't matter what the rest of the day throws at me. Tremendous workout day and nothing negative could possibly make a dent in my day. I am thrilled at the results of my physical transformation thus far. Those kind of results can happen to anyone who wants them badly enough. Most of my past limits were self imposed. I truly believe that, as good as I feel now, I am just seeing the tip of the iceberg -- I have much more to look forward to. 



No comments:

Post a Comment