Thursday, March 22, 2012

3-22-12

Unbelievable. I don't miss that guy at all. He quit on everyone, especially himself. No life. No spirit. No fire. 




2-15-12  Transformation courtesy of Genesis Health Clubs 



In May 2011, I weighed 270 lbs and smoked a pack of cigarettes a day. I had been overweight for most of my life and hated myself. I've tried all the quick diet pills and quick fixes and had more failures than I can remember.

Late June 2011, the light bulb went on and I decided to arm myself with knowledge on getting healthy. I studied nutrition and started exercising.... the only way to accomplish body transformation is to master caloric deficits. ACCOUNTABILITY IS KING.

This blog will show my intense journey to losing over 85 lbs in the past 8 months, while quitting smoking. If  I can inspire some more people to do the same, my journey would be even more meaningful.... this has become my higher purpose.
 

Thank you to Alan Hirsch and Joe Stierwalt for their guidance in getting this blog rolling.  

New blog post from my friend Tamara : http://smilestillithurts.blogspot.com/2012/03/soveryclose.html?spref=fb

Another love letter to my G-cycle students. Today's class was another lesson in teamwork and the power of positive energy. My workout was dedicated to the 8 students pushing themselves for me and for each other. Great group, ranging from spin class vets Kelly and Becca to Valerie, who has improved by leaps and bounds thanks to her hard work. As I saw happen with Valerie, a new student, Detra, has caught fire. Detra made my day by bringing her mom, Gilda, to class this morning. How cool is that?

I'm always emotional, even more than usual after class today. The workout was as fun as it was powerful. The smiles were a pleasure to see.... the groans as I asked for extra turns to the right on the tension dial were music to my ears. Each of us were drenched -- everyone giving their best effort. Best place in life I've ever been is at the front of G-cycle class. Nothing I've experienced is as rewarding. Thank you and God bless you to my students. Every week gets better and better. You get me soooooo fired up.... ready for more next Tuesday.


I had a good practice session early this morning with my son, Jerry. He wasn't very thrilled being woke up at 435 AM, but we had a lot of fun once we got there. I keep telling him all the cool kids work out at 5 AM. ;)

That's about all for today. Quick supplement note in closing. Muscle Pharm 's Bullet Proof didn't get the job done for me in nighttime recovery. ZMA + GABA and a bunch of other promising looking ingredients somehow didn't help me get to sleep more easily.

Another Muscle Pharm product, Re-con, has been outstanding post-workout. Keeping it in my supplement rotation. Re-con's list of goodies : 

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 40 grams
Servings per Container: 30
IngredientAmount% Daily Value**
Calories110
Total Carbohydrates27g7
Sugars7g
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)500mg833
Vitamin E75IU250
Vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine HCl)5mg250
Calcium (from phosphate and silicate)120mg12
Phosphorus (phosphate)50mg5
Magnesium360mg90
Chloride80mg10
Sodium65mg3
Potassium25mg2
Recon Muscle Rebuilding Proprietary Blend40000mg
Carb Max 3 Stage Delivery System
-glucose polymers, dextrose, inulin
Anabolic Primer Matrix
-3:1:2 BCAA Blend (L-leucine, L-isoleucine, L-valine)
-EAA complex (glycine, L-threonine, L-lysine HCl, L-phenylalanine, L-methionine, L-tryptophan)
Recovery Accelerator
-L-glutamine, L-arginine, L-pyroglutamic acid
Muscle Extend Matrix
-beta-alanine, citrulline malate, ginger extract (zingiber officinale) (root)
Anti-Stress & Adaptogen Matrix
-ascorbic acid, phosphatidyl lecithin complex, L-cysteine, dimethylglycine, gynostemma pentaphyllum
Muscle Detoxifier
-cranberry extract, nettle, dandelion, bearberry, saw palmetto, bromelain, astaxanthin complex
Reload Matrix (Insulinogenic)
-fenugreek extract, gymnema sylvestre, vanadyl sulfate, chromium picolinate




Today's intake :
2501 calories
223 grams protein
34 grams fiber
sodium was high. % of calories from fat was a little low. 

No comments:

Post a Comment