Friday, May 11, 2012

5-11-12

In May 2011, I weighed 270 lbs and smoked a pack of cigarettes a day. I had been overweight for most of my life and hated myself. I've tried all the quick diet pills and quick fixes and had more failures than I can remember.

Late June 2011, the light bulb went on and I decided to arm myself with knowledge on getting healthy. I studied nutrition and started exercising.... the only way to accomplish body transformation is to master caloric deficits. ACCOUNTABILITY IS KING.

This blog will show my intense journey to losing over 85 lbs in the past 8 months, while quitting smoking. If  I can inspire some more people to do the same, my journey would be even more meaningful.... this has become my higher purpose.
 


Thank you to Alan Hirsch and Joe Stierwalt for their guidance in getting this blog rolling. 






I stopped my cutting phase. Something is going on with my body -- something good. Not sure whether

A. a supplement is responsible for the difference lately

B. I have one heck of a placebo effect going on

C. My change in exercise lately -- lots and lots of stationary bike work + Group Centergy (my favorite yoga class) ONLY

..... is making the difference. It is kind of difficult to define. Perhaps I'm just in a really good place in life.

I feel better physically than I have at any point in my life. Not "perfect", of course, laughable notion..... but stronger by the day. Lots of work ahead of me, but I just so happen to love working out.

Stopped my cutting phase because my body needs more calories. I had started to feel sick to my stomach right after working out...... UNTIL  I started eating a little more pre workout. 1800 calories isn't LOW by any stretch, especially when it wasn't a strict 1800 count, but I will continue to stick to instinct on intake. I am in tune with my body -- it says eat ? Best to listen. Still eating healthy, of course. Having an extra treat here and there. Not a problem -- guaranteed I am burning a ton of calories with my extra cardio.

Speaking of Group Centergy, my morning was extra blessed with a Centergy connection.

As I taught G-cycle in Studio B
Coach Becky Holcomb taught Group Centergy in Studio C

and Diane Ravenstien (also a Centergy instructor) taught Group Kick in Studio A

Icing on the cake : the man who sold me on Centergy, Stewart Flinn, was with his wife, Osun, taking Becky's Centergy class.

How about a bonus --  got to say hi to one of my favorite Genesis family members, Marla Eriksen, as she was going into Centergy...... and Centergy tough guy Warren Dusseau was one of my G-cycle students.



G-cycle was dedicated to my Genesis teammate Joe Stierwalt.  No way on earth I would be an instructor were it not for Joe. God bless you, brother. NFL.



No comments:

Post a Comment