Saturday, May 5, 2012

5-5-12


June 2011 -- and I was having slimfast for supper a fair amount of the time ..... I apparently thought that slimfast cancelled out my lack of exercise and all the pop, chips, etc I was taking in.

No slimfast for this guy. Look what Genesis Health Clubs did for me.



In May 2011, I weighed 270 lbs and smoked a pack of cigarettes a day. I had been overweight for most of my life and hated myself. I've tried all the quick diet pills and quick fixes and had more failures than I can remember.

Late June 2011, the light bulb went on and I decided to arm myself with knowledge on getting healthy. I studied nutrition and started exercising.... the only way to accomplish body transformation is to master caloric deficits. ACCOUNTABILITY IS KING.

This blog will show my intense journey to losing over 85 lbs in the past 8 months, while quitting smoking. If  I can inspire some more people to do the same, my journey would be even more meaningful.... this has become my higher purpose.
 


Thank you to Alan Hirsch and Joe Stierwalt for their guidance in getting this blog rolling.  


5-3-12 G-cycle, baby!!






This was a very big week for me. Hadn't made a blog entry lately, nor will I next week. Completely focused on some things I need to tighten up before I am ready to film a class to submit for certification. I will make significant strides in the coming week. I will work hard on my goal and I have been getting some excellent coaching from the other Group Ride instructors. That is a can't lose combination.
I wrote the following Wednesday after teaching my 1st Group Ride class. I am proud of what I wrote, let it be my mission statement.






I will persist without exception. I will continue despite exhaustion. I acknowledge the fact that most people quit when exhaustion sets in. I am not “most people.” I am stronger than most people. Average people accept exhaustion as a matter of course. I do not. Average people compare themselves with other people. That is why they are average. I compare myself to my potential. I am not average. I see exhaustion as a precursor to victory. ~Andy Andrews, The Traveler's Gift

***********************************************


Time to start a revolution.

My life changed for the better once I started thinking along these lines :

I am so tired of being underrated.
I am so tired of living my life as if I had limits
I am so tired of having no fire
I am so tired of living without passion
I am so tired of letting down my friends and family
I am so tired of quitting on everyone who cares about me
I am so tired of hating everything about myself
I am so tired of not wanting to climb out of bed in the morning

I was tired because I leaned on my own strength
I was tired because I listened to negative voices from the past
I was tired because I felt sorry for myself instead of counting my blessings

I had no one but myself to blame for my failures.

I no longer lean on my own strength. I lean on my Genesis Health Clubs family.

I am a child of the King of Kings
The Lord of Lords
The Prince of Peace

I am without limits because I was made in His image.
My savior never quit. He never gave up on me.
Nor shall I, from this day forth.

I know why I was chosen to be part of the best team in the world,
the team at Genesis Health Clubs, Hutchinson

I was chosen because it is my turn to soar
Flaws and all, I am a positive force

Armed with belief in myself and in my teammates, my fellow instructors and trainers ....... belief that was instilled by those I have been blessed enough to be adopted by, the 515/530 AM crazies who are the most dedicated, uplifting people I've ever met

....and driven to constantly break through whatever limitations I once imagined I had by my students, who NEVER fail to deliver their best effort

I vow to do everything I can to help others take my personal G-cycle goal for themselves.

Simple goal :

Better
Stronger
Faster

Short and sweet. Rolls right off the tongue. Easy to memorize.

Revolution......
Who wants to change their lives for the better

Who wants to see what can happen once they believe in themselves

Who wants to learn how much further we can push ourselves individually via the power of a TOTAL TEAM EFFORT in class?

I saw a room full of such people this morning.

I saw workout warriors, from Group Ride veterans to new students.
WE .... MY STUDENTS AND I..... combined to burn a ton of calories as we pushed through a very tough workout. I loved what I saw and .....

I WANT MORE.

I had so much fun this morning. It sure wasn't a clinic in perfection, but it was intense and an excellent springboard into my next opportunity to lead my beloved students :

G-cycle tomorrow 9 AM. Today marked a giant step in my transition from G-cycle instructor to Group Ride instructor.
There is no turning back. I have some BIG class goals looming.

I am a man on a mission, driven to help others achieve their fitness goals.

I have much to learn, but my teammates are helping me every step of the way.

I stuck around for nearly an hour after class today because I didn't want to leave Studio B. As I showered the floor with beads of sweat during class, I left plenty of tears of joy on it afterwards.

THANK YOU and GOD BLESS YOU to the tough guys and girls who shared my workout with me.


Completely let things slide on my weight and intake tracking. I suppose I could make excuses, but that would be pathetic, wouldn't it? Back on track tomorrow.
8 week cutting phase 

Day 1 weigh in   186.8#             
Day 2  184.4#
Day 3 182.8#
Day4 182.6#
Day 5 181.8#
Day 6 182.4#
Day 7 181.0# 
Day 8 181.6# 
Day 9  181.8#  

Day 10 -- April 21st -- no weigh in or intake tracking
Day 11  -- April 22nd -- no weigh in or intake tracking
Day 12 -- April 23rd -- no intake tracking
Day 13 189.8#
Day 14 188.8#
Day 15 189.4#  
Day 16 187.8#
Day 17 189.0#
Day 18 185.6 # 

Day 19
Day 20
Day 21
Day 22
Day 23
Day 24     May 5th --
Day 25
Day 26
Day 27
Day 28
Day 29
Day 30
Day 31
Day 32
Day 33
Day 34
Day 35
Day 36
Day 37
Day 38
Day 39
Day 40
Day 41
Day 42
Day 43
Day 44 -- May 25th -- no intake tracking 
Day 45
Day 46
Day 47
Day 48




Supplement talk --

Optimum Nutrition 100% Soy Protein thumped Universal Nutrition Advanced Soy Pro for best taste. Optimum should celebrate their victory by sending me several cases. I use soy protein for my weekend morning shakes.




Check out Tamara's blog!!
http://smilestillithurts.blogspot.com/2012/05/thank-you-to-my-ex.html?spref=fb

No comments:

Post a Comment