Saturday, May 19, 2012

5-19-12

That is a scan of the business card Nita designed for me. I love that girl.

Focused on counting my blessings this weekend and it is important that I credit the source of my power.

My power carried me to the ability to master the arts of self loathing and self pity. I dominated in trips to Taco Bell!!!!! No one could put away the RC Cola like me.


April 2009  305#  vs  April 2012 185#
My family loved me. I was too weak and depressed to care. Nita loved me. I was too blind to see. I put walls up that no one could break through.

I went 6 + months without praying (exceptions made when friends had specific prayer requests).

I killed my prayer life.
I killed my love life.
I had no will to live.

Pathetic. I always had the potential to lead a good life. We all do.

The heaviest I got, well over 300# (needless to say, I rarely stepped on scales once I got over 300#), was in 2008. I had a goal that year :
I wanted to watch all 162 Yankees regular season games online (and a bunch of minor league games, too). LOTS of fast food, junk food and pop. No exercise. Ever. I ended up watching most of the Yankees games that year.

No one that knows me today could even picture me at that weight were it not for photographic proof.

 What was the biggest key to my transformation?
Prayer.

The faith of others is none of my concern. I believe in Free Will .... you are as entitled to your faith (or lack thereof) as I am mine -- to each their own.

Last summer, I began to pray hard. I prayed that God would transform my body, that it may be used as a vessel to spread word of his power.

See me on a bike or on a yoga mat with my eyes closed? I am praying.

My favorite time to pray is while warming up.
I pray for whoever I have chosen to dedicate my workout to, then ask for things, including :

For God to loan me his power for the next hour
For God to send thunder and fire down from the heavens through me

I do not pray in my name. I pray in the name of
The Prince of Peace
King of Kings
Lord of Lords

I pray in Jesus dear name.



Again , believe in what you will. 1 question, though :
If you've seen me at the front of the classroom .... or you've seen me on my way to or from class ...... or if you've seen me in a yoga class right after I finished a bike class..........
Did you see any thunder and fire?



I dedicate the above post to 2 strong women of faith with extremely bright futures :
Kendra Lynn Walker and Liv Harris.
Thank you for working out with me this week. I see so many positive things in you girls. You know what you have to do : pray, count your blessings, focus on being positive. Can I have 2 baby sisters? I am so proud of you both!!

2 comments:

  1. So much of what you say hits pretty close to home for me. Thanks for the positive encouragement and support!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad we met. I remember every time I stumbled and every time the scale frustrated me. All we can do is keep thinking positive thoughts as we work towards our goals. You are a member of the best gym in the world. Everyone on the team will help you.....then it will be your turn to help someone.

      Delete