Sunday, April 8, 2012

4-8-12





In May 2011, I weighed 270 lbs and smoked a pack of cigarettes a day. I had been overweight for most of my life and hated myself. I've tried all the quick diet pills and quick fixes and had more failures than I can remember.

Late June 2011, the light bulb went on and I decided to arm myself with knowledge on getting healthy. I studied nutrition and started exercising.... the only way to accomplish body transformation is to master caloric deficits. ACCOUNTABILITY IS KING.

This blog will show my intense journey to losing over 85 lbs in the past 8 months, while quitting smoking. If  I can inspire some more people to do the same, my journey would be even more meaningful.... this has become my higher purpose.
 

Thank you to Alan Hirsch and Joe Stierwalt for their guidance in getting this blog rolling.  

Happy Easter. Easter sure gives us a reason to be hopeful. I rejoice in the fact that my savior rose from the dead. Can't see any reason not to turn this into a week of rejoicing.

I start an 8 week cutting cycle Thursday. I'll allow a few cheat days (by "a few", I mean 2 or 3), but will set my calorie intake at 1,800 for the rest of the cycle. I'll increase my cardio workouts during the cycle. My target is to lower my body fat %. I'm not trying to lose weight. My current range of 180-185# feels wonderful.

I had been running with 2,500-3,000 calories a day the past 6 weeks. I went over once this week, Thursday -- 3124 calories. 2734 calories today. I ate and ate and ate and ate. Today's menu :


Breakfast (1229 calories)
1 scoop GNC Soy Protein 
 

1 tbsp Wheat Germ
1 scoop Chia Seed
1 tbsp Maca Powder

1 tbsp Flaxseed
1 tbsp Bee Pollen granules
1 serving Total Raisin Bran cereal
1 serving Fiber One 80 calorie cereal
1 packet Kroger banana cream instant oatmeal
1 packet Best Value sugar free maple and brown sugar instant oatmeal
8 oz 1% milk
2 pieces buttered wheat toast
1 Apple









10 AM (90 calories)
1 small banana




Lunch (431 calories)
1 packet Starkist Tuna Creations herb and garlic

1 can Tuna in water
Mustard
Onion
Hard boiled egg



2 PM (50 calories)

Orange




Supper (489 calories)
1/3 cup asian nut crunch snack mix

2 flaxseed oil capsules
radishes
celery
grape tomatoes
glucomannan
green peppers
baby carrots
1 can progresso light chicken and dumpling soup
1/2 cup large curd cottage cheese
EAS AdvantEdge carb control shake


7 PM (120 calories)

greek yogurt




8 PM (80 calories)
apple
sugar free jello

9 PM (100 calories)

muscle milk light rtd shake



 I drank only water and coffee (2 cups) today.I've enjoyed my increased calorie intake the past 6 weeks. Cutting back to 1,800 will take a lot of discipline. I will take in a minimum 160 grams protein during my cutting cycle. I'd never drop below .8 grams protein per lb of my body weight. 80% of 185 is 148, so 160 is a good spot to set my minimum.

No comments:

Post a Comment