Tuesday, April 3, 2012

4-3-12

 Long gone. 




 G-cycle 3-29-12



 G-cycle 3-29-12




 Fired up for my students. G-cycle 3-29-12
























In May 2011, I weighed 270 lbs and smoked a pack of cigarettes a day. I had been overweight for most of my life and hated myself. I've tried all the quick diet pills and quick fixes and had more failures than I can remember.

Late June 2011, the light bulb went on and I decided to arm myself with knowledge on getting healthy. I studied nutrition and started exercising.... the only way to accomplish body transformation is to master caloric deficits. ACCOUNTABILITY IS KING.

This blog will show my intense journey to losing over 85 lbs in the past 8 months, while quitting smoking. If  I can inspire some more people to do the same, my journey would be even more meaningful.... this has become my higher purpose.
 

Thank you to Alan Hirsch and Joe Stierwalt for their guidance in getting this blog rolling.  

My treat (healthy treat with B vitamins and potassium) on days that I instruct + after sessions with my pesonal trainer -- 
 
Another love letter for my G-cycle students. Fine by me if that is 99% of what I write about from now on. I never cease to be amazed at what my students show me. Detra, Becca, Valerie, Raeann, Tina and Kelly really got after it this morning. We were all drenched by the end of class. They had me so fired up that it didn't matter when I (oops) overdid it on my last turn to the right during the last working track. I very nearly backed off the tension, but focused on my students instead. They were working so hard.... I had to show what I was made of. Today's set was the most intense yet, thanks to my students plus a new track I added. Total team effort. Never has celebration track felt so good.

I am very emotional during class..... and the best part for me is afterwards, when I drive home. It's my opportunity to let things sink in, thank God for what I just shared with my students and pray for continued good health that I may keep sharing with them. Never in my life have I felt this good. What I see in my students shows me that, yes, I am getting through to them. I am there to share my passion for working out and my love for Genesis Health Clubs. I am there to share my gospel : the power of positive thinking. Main thing I seek is for my students to have fun as they push themselves. That's what it's all about : I have failed if they didn't have fun. My journey towards improved health gets better and better, thanks to my students. Everything I do working out and eating clean is for one purpose : that I may be better for my students. I told them about a big goal today : that they may take the positive energy we shared out of the classroom and into the remainder of their day.

Class was dedicated to Michelle Stoll, a great instructor, valued friend and a strong christian. God bless you, Michelle.


Ending on a down note.... a supplement called Focus XT -- worst tasting supplement I've had, by far. Not bad results for pre workout energy, but I can barely choke the stuff down.
BSN's Hyper FX =  very good
Focus XT = disgusting


2900 calories 43 grams fiber 210 grams protein
Numbers across the board are outstanding 






   



No comments:

Post a Comment