Thursday, April 12, 2012

4-12-12

May 2011 : 270 # (at least)

November 2011 : 205 # 


 February 2012:  180# 

In May 2011, I weighed 270 lbs and smoked a pack of cigarettes a day. I had been overweight for most of my life and hated myself. I've tried all the quick diet pills and quick fixes and had more failures than I can remember.

Late June 2011, the light bulb went on and I decided to arm myself with knowledge on getting healthy. I studied nutrition and started exercising.... the only way to accomplish body transformation is to master caloric deficits. ACCOUNTABILITY IS KING.

This blog will show my intense journey to losing over 85 lbs in the past 8 months, while quitting smoking. If  I can inspire some more people to do the same, my journey would be even more meaningful.... this has become my higher purpose.
 

Thank you to Alan Hirsch and Joe Stierwalt for their guidance in getting this blog rolling.  



Thank you to Becca and Gilda for sweating it out in G-cycle with me this morning.

Today marks the start of my 8 week cutting phase. I will track calories for all but 4 days in that period (April 21-22 for Group Ride training, April 23 for my birthday and May 25th for my son's birthday).

I had been keeping my intake in the 2500-3000 calorie range (not worrying when I occasionally went over 3000, especially on my bigger workout days).  Lowering my calorie maximum to 1800. I picked that number because my body would burn roughly that many calories if I stayed in bed all day. I will strictly track calories, allowing for 3 exceptions to my 1,800 rule :

1. On days I instruct, I get a bottle of Fuze banana colada (190 calories)

2. I won't count the calories from my post workout supplement : Muscle Pharm Recon   (110 calories)
or   Ignition (184 calories)

3. When I want a treat, I won't count calories from 1 serving of trail mix, spicy almonds, etc. ( 140 calories for asian nut crunch snack mix this afternoon)

Beyond those 3 items, I strictly count all my other food/drink intake.

Today's intake (including Recon, the snack mix and Fuze) :

2270 calories
37 grams fiber
193 grams protein

% of calories --
54.87 from carbs
34.95 from protein
10.19 from fat

My weight fluctuated from 181 to 187# in my 6 week creatine cycle. I weighed in at 186.8# this morning. I weigh myself every day when I wake up. Not worried about my weight, I'm just working on lowering my body fat % . Anything in the 180-185 or so range is excellent for my frame.

8 weeks of accountability. No excuses. I know that when I am focused on a physical goal, it has no choice but to submit to my will. That is only possible as long as God continues to grant me good health, of course. My drive has no limits. As is the case with my G-cycle students, there isn't an ounce of quit in me.

Positive Focus + Intensity + Accountability + Prayer = Big Results.  Guaranteed.

No comments:

Post a Comment