Friday, January 13, 2012

1-13-12

I'll write more later today, just needed to clean up a mess I made last night, then touch on another subject or 2.


I fell that my blog started off well last night, then I had a lot of fun writing tongue in cheek about Vinyasa Flow Yoga (and what I wrote became HILARIOUS at the start of class today -- Wendy Hobart is either psychic, extremely cool, or both). The wheels fell off at the end of my post.


Look, I know there is nothing wrong with defending my girl's honor and our realtionship (though I should never HAVE TO defend either -- every happy couple should be allowed to love each other without negative "help'', well intentioned though it may be).


Yes, I'm a guy and, yes, guys do stupid things. I talked to Shelly last night, venting.... and being open. I love her, so I will not keep a secret from her. Besides, I needed to lean on her. My initial mistake was  getting more and more angry as I vented. There was a reason for that, but it doesn't need to be discussed. My HUGE mistake came to light in Vinyasa class this morning.


I took a break after Group Centergy class this morning and had a great talk with Chad Thiessen, weight room monster and strong man of faith. Both of those things have inspired me. We talked about a number of subjects, including forgiveness. I guess I wasn't practicing what I preached -- I obviously had unresolved anger issues from last night. As I had not forgiven, I had no right asking God to forgive my sins last night. I paid a price at Genesis for that today :


I got very little sleep, which had me running late, barely sneaking in for the start of Group Centergy -- and I had a big reason to be EARLY today. Bigger problem : lack of sleep meant lack of muscle recovery. Forgetting to grab my spin shoes didn't help, but I was tired and my legs were sore. I made it through Centergy, practiced 3 tracks for my G-cycle class, and made it through Vinyasa..... but,as I went to finish my G-cycle practice, I didn't have it. My legs were dead. Fought through 2 more tracks and stopped. My unresolved anger and lack of forgiveness cost me half a G-cycle practice. No, not a very bright move.


Back to Vinyasa, at the start of class, the conversation I had with Chad crept back into my mind and I let go of my anger from last night. Yes, a big weight dropped off my shoulders.  I relaxed, really enjoyed myself.


Truth be told, if there is ANY reason to lose my temper, I pray it will be a situation like last night.... God understands that I will defend my relationship, even if I go overboard. I just need to be quick to forgive next time.




Shelly is en route to see her Father and her son. Being apart this weekend.... not easy, but our phone calls will be extra special and we get all day together Monday. It means a lot to me that she calls her dad every night and visits him frequently. Really brightened my morning to see the loving texts she sent.. Best of all, she texted a bible verse for me to look up -- Hebrews 11:6
"But without faith it is impossible to please him : for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him"  
How about that? Color me crazy, but I read something about Shelly and I into that verse. I believe that I started soaring the moment my prayer life caught fire. My body changed, I started believing in myself.... I made the most wonderful friends I had ever had.... and God gave me my true love, my inspiration.... the loveliest girl I had ever met.


Truth be told, last night's anger seems VERY foolish now. What do I care if someone disapproves or wants to throw some "rules" my way? Shelly and I answer to no one but our creator. God will stay in the center of our relationship, meaning we will stay strong. I didn't ask God for a short term relationship with her. I asked him for Happily Ever After. Why not? What exactly is it that God is guilty of UNDERACHIEVING  on? Is my faith so weak that I don't believe he will grant me EVERY request that is in his will.... not only grant it, but grant it at levels I didn't even know existed? Of course not. He has already rewarded me with a girl who loves me more than I dreamed could be possible. Prayer works wonders. Positive thought works wonders. God has no limits. Anyone doubting his strength.... it's just sad. He wants Shelly and I to be happy -- and he knows no one on earth could love us the way we love each other.


Rewarded? Yes, we certainly have been. God be praised!




*********************************************************************************
Turning this over to a special guest for a little bit -- one of my other HUGE blessings, my son, Jerry James Galemore.


Since Shelly and my dad have been together, my dad has been happier than ever. Shelly has the cutest granddaughter ever, she has the biggest blue eyes and they light up when she sees " Dadid". I got to see both of them yesterday. Ella spent more time with my dad than anyone else. When my dad first told me about Shelly, he always mentioned her boots. I don't see what's the big deal about them. There just boots, but I guess he is mesmerized by them. 


*******************************************************************************

Well, I'm mesmerized by the girl much more than the boots, but .... Nancy Sinatra in her prime had nothing on my girl in those boots. Just sayin' ......... 

No comments:

Post a Comment