Wednesday, January 18, 2012

1-18-12

 8 months and 87# ago
1-12-12  183# -- with Shelly and Ella
In May 2011, I weighed 270 lbs and smoked a pack of cigarettes a day. I had been overweight for most of my life and hated myself. I've tried all the quick diet pills and quick fixes and had more failures than I can remember.

Late June 2011, the light bulb went on and I decided to arm myself with knowledge on getting healthy. I studied nutrition and started exercising.... the only way to accomplish body transformation is to master caloric deficits. ACCOUNTABILITY IS KING.

This blog will show my intense journey to losing over 85 lbs in the past 8 months, while quitting smoking and finding the love of my life. If  I can inspire some more people to do the same, my journey would be even more meaningful.... this has become my higher purpose.


My internet was down for a couple days. My transformation in life outside the gym far outweighs my body transformation, but the students in my Tuesday G-cycle class need mentioned. I have a loud, fun loving class. They go all out -- very impressive. They had me so fired up during climb track that I was talking, yet not really seeing any students for the end of the track. I love pushing that hard.... and it was only possible because I drew from their positive energy. It is an honor to instruct that caliber of students. Big thanks to Nicole Heneha, Eric Reichert and the rest of my class -- sure feels like we have 20+ in class.

On my home front, Shelly, Ashley and Ella have made my son, Jerry, and I part of a family for the 1st time in my adult life. It goes back to the power of positive thought. I was surrounded by positive people at Genesis Health Club and was encouraged to the point I soared. Hard workouts plus eating clean made the pounds fly off. The less I weighed and better I felt physically, the more I started to believe in myself. I eventually took that belief with me outside the gym and pursued the girl of my dreams.

I was once held back by self imposed limitations. Low self esteem can choke out dreams if we allow it to do so. Each of us has the ability to transform our body and our mind.

I'm going to stop there. Long day and I need my rest. 

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you Dave! Keep it up!
    I'm hoping that like you I will feel better about myself. I'm starting too, but i have a long journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Consistency will pay off. Everyone gets to stumble.... just stay forward focused and watch the goals get broken, one after another.

    ReplyDelete