Saturday, January 7, 2012

1-7-12

Tough coming up with adjectives good enough to describe my day.


Add another goal to my 2012 list: getting to know the most inspirational couple at Genesis: Chris and Sara Smith. Perhaps I can talk one or both of them into sharing their story here soon. They know all about physical transformation via eating right and exercising hard. I know just bits and pieces of their story, which is enough to inspire me..... I've heard lots of talk about their success at Genesis.


Group Ride launch was instructed by Stewart Flinn, Laurie Laufenberg-Edwards and Coach Becky Holcomb. Michelle Stoll was 2 bikes to my left. I need to start fan clubs for all 4 of them. Best of the best.


It was my 1st non-Centergy launch ( and only my 2nd launch, IIRC). Today's class made a lot of noise. Music to my ears.... it would have been impossible not to get fired up for those three instructors. Climb track was my favorite. No surprise there. Bold prediction : Core track will be my favorite in Group Centergy launch tomorrow. Oh, yeah, and the sun will rise in the east.


My work schedule doesn't permit me to attend all the launches, but I hope to never have to miss another Ride or Centergy launch. Just throwing this out there : I'm willing to take one for the Genesis team, never going to work again and just attending Genesis classes full time. Genesis version of a mystery shopper : I'll wear disguises if need be. I'll be quiet on occasion to throw them off my trail. ;) 


I won a Genesis t shirt in the drawing after launch!  Very cool. Now I only need 30 or so more to complete my wardrobe. I'm losing interest in wearing shirts that don't say Genesis. 


Got to sit with Becky, Stewart, Osun, and Laurie before I left for work. Felt like graduating to the adult table at Thanksgiving dinner. Something very special about Genesis instructors : I was welcomed by several of them into " the gang" before I became a instructor. Meant the world to me.


1965 calories
163 grams protein
% of calories from fat was a little low
Sodium was high
all the other numbers look great.




Fat burners .......... I will not do anyone's research for them and I will not try to "sell" anything. I will, however, list what I take in capsule form. They work for me. No supplement works for everyone.


Biggest note on fat Burners : they are worthless without the willingness to eat right, the insistence on accountability  and busting your ass in exercise. Don't want to sweat? Don't want to make permanent changes in eating habits? Don't look for lasting results. There is no "miracle pill". No miracle powder, either. Please ignore any nonsense on TV that includes anything like Sensa. Lose weight without diet or exercise? Nothing but lies. I challenge any Sensa "success" story to work out with me for a week. Sweat and determination vs magic fairy dust. Bring it.


I'll sound off on Sensa from time to time. Why? I'm embarrassed to admit that I ordered it. Stupid.... I was in a mini state of panic -- Hadn't even hit a wall on weight loss -- I was just afraid that I might. Ordered the "free trial"....... then came to my senses. Read up on it. Utter nonsense. Read up on customer service reviews...... scary. Sent it back certified mail the day it arrived. Never opened the box. I ordered it in a moment of weakness. I was 240 or so lbs at the time, had already lost 30# and was well on the way to being healthy for the 1st time in my life.




Please don't take anything without researching it first. Don't take my word for any of the following..... read up on it if you are interested, then make a decision.




Pretty much universally accepted :


Fish Oil ( 2 capsules on weekdays)
Cinnamon ( 2 capsules on Sat/Sun)
Flaxseed Oil ( 2 capsules on Sat/Sun)
Green Tea Extract ( 2 capsules twice on Sat/Sun)



The rest -- weekdays



7-keto DHEA ( 1 cap on waking)
Pyruvate ( 2 caps on empty stomach 3 times daily)
L-Carnitine ( 1 cap -- take with pyrovate 3 times daily)
Tonlin CLA ( 5 caps -- spread out over 3 meals daily)
Cider Vinegar ( 2 daily -- some claim they help with fat loss -- I take them for kidney stone prevention ) 


I will switch Pyruvate and L-Carnitine to weekends only once I hit my body fat % target of 13. I could switch them back to weekdays in a cutting phase, but I am looking to lower my expenses a bit.


I am on my 3rd cycle ( 2 last summer) of Bio HcG Homeopathic from Shelly's store, The Natural Alternative. HcG is controversial. I won't debate it. It worked for me. End of story.


Warning : any stories of " I lost 30 lbs in a month on HcG................ that, I will dispute. I read about HcG " diet" plans encouraging an intake of 500 calories per day..... 500!! That is dangerous!! I disagree with anything encouraging less than 1200 calories per day...... and 1200 is too low for most people. My maximum weight loss results were with a calorie intake of no less than 1500 on non workout days and no less that 2000 on workout days. Fasting for spiritual reasons is different -- I won't argue against it... I won't fast, though. I won't even skip a meal. God created me. He understands me........ someone has to, right Shelly? :) 


Any 2 weeks in a row I lost over 3# led to me increasing my calorie intake. Worked for me. My intent was to lose fat, not muscle. My calorie intake now is in the 2000 range on weekends and in the 2500-3000 range weekdays. No problem if I go a couple hundred calories over, either. I push myself hard in the gym and burn a lot of calories. Eating clean also leaves margin for calorie increase.


I also take USP Labs OxyElite Pro Super Thermogenic -- love that stuff. Almost midway through my 2 month cycle. Shouldn't need it again.


Again, none of the above would do a bit of good without my hard work in the gym and clean eating. I also track my calories, protein, fiber, etc at LiveStrong.com's MyPlate. I do that because it will allow me to look back and see what I changed from weeks of great results to weeks I wasn't pleased with. I've been thrilled with my results the past 4 months or more. My class attendance at Genesis has been high over that period. No coincidence that I got great results.


I had used another thermogenic : Twinlab Ripped Fuel. Liked it, but wasn't crazy about it.




Hmmmm..... Barely mentioned Shelly. I've  been flirting with her via text all day ( long day at work). I know that we are a new couple, but we've both been around the block a time or 3. We know exactly what we want and need..... and we found both. Sure, there is the age discrepancy, me at 42, she at 24 :) :) -- still flirting-- my girl is hot for any age-- 
Our connection is multi level:
Spiritual 
Best friends
romantic -- big time
intellectual
inner strength -- perfect match


I love her deeply -- and she loves me the same way. We both won when we found one another. Keep us in prayer. Prayer works wonders and I want to write about us for the rest of my days. May I find ways to inspire her and show her beyond a shadow of doubt that she is the most beautiful girl in my world. 





2 comments:

  1. Wow, fantastic blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your web site is excellent, as well as the content!
    Disney Princess 9 Bin Toy Organizer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Greatly appreciated. Just getting started. Need to get back in gear. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete