Tuesday, January 3, 2012

1-3-12

Most emotionally charged day of the year!! Yeah, it's only the 3rd day..... but days 1 and 2 were pretty impressive. Emotionally charged is in my repertoire, yes, it sure the hell is. I've heard things on occasion about "Men are cold and logical, not emotional". Maybe the ones who lack the .... marbles, shall we say.... to follow their hearts. The quotation doesn't apply to me.

I said something yesterday about the fact that I am an INSTRUCTOR for Genesis HealthClubs had yet to fully sink in. Brand new day. Sink in, it did. I got to Genesis roughly an hour before class started. Found my "good luck" note from the man himself, Stewart Flinn, my best man to be!! Yeah, that got me even more amped up. Stretched, prayed, warmed up ..... prayed HARD .... I needed an answer. What was I to talk about? Beyond the instructions for class, that is..... what should my theme be? Yes, the solution was rather obvious. Why not talk about what I WRITE about? Problem solved. I dedicated my class to the very lovely Shelly Hurtt (big shocker there ...LOL -- I LOVE THAT GIRL!!!!), my dear friend Diane Ravenstien (get well soon) and my friend, brother, and the biggest prayer warrior I know : Mac Stepp (may God grant you and yours strength through these troubled times). I'd appreciate any prayers for Mac and his family.  

My name is David and I crush goals for a living
I went from couch potato to Genesis instructor in 2011
I did it, thus ANYONE can crush any goal they set
I have a love affair with Genesis HealthClubs

Class objectives :
1. Have fun. I am a failure at my job if that objective isn't met.
2. Burn calories
3. Build legs

My instructions on the tension bar, speed of the workout, etc. are SUGGESTIONS. Each person in class is in charge of their own workout (Stewart says that constantly -- very wise man).

I toned down the HUGE mistakes I made filling in for Johnny last week. Only 2 "do overs" I'd like from today, honestly, are :
1. Would it have killed me to think of a padded bike seat for Dawn? Yeah, I thought of it the moment she asked about making the seast more comfortable.... after class. New student taught the instructor.

2. I stared at the floor more than I would have liked. Minor case of nervousness, as opposed to last week's all but sheer terror.


Big victory today :
The teamwork. I am so proud of the students!!! They busted their asses -- hard core!! I am STILL fired up about that, nearly 3 hours after class. I hope the others had as much fun as Dawn and I. I'm calling today a victory and look forward to meeting Angie Kendall next Tuesday. Angie is going to instruct at 9 AM -- then she gets to train ME. Lucky girl! Nah.... it will be a pleasure to meet her. The phone call I got from Angie in late November was better than getting a call from the President, at least in my book.

I had planned on working out after class, but decided to bask in the glow instead. Part of the Genesis team. Blessed to an overwhelming level. Head over heels in love with THE ONE.... not every guy gets a chance to grow old with his soul mate. Glad I do.

Always a pleasure to talk to Kim Carson and Letty Shaw. Thank you for everything, Kim. Striving to make you proud.

1897  calories
222  grams protein
  % of calories from fat is a little low
 Sodium is just fine today

This guy gets go flirt with his girl until  it is time to leave for work. Both of my girls : Shelly and her granddaughter, Ella. Ella gets to attend yoga classes with me when she's old enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment