Friday, January 13, 2012

1-13-12 --Elizabeth

1-2-12 with Group Centergy instructor Michelle Stoll 
Cute picture! 5-16-11  --270# and was headed for 300+ # again had things not turned around.



*****************************************************************************
My friend Tamara's blog is something I'll read on a regular basis.
http://smilestillithurts.blogspot.com/
She was a big help in getting me through some dark times in 2009. She is focused on being fit. Nothing can hold us back once we get to that point.

*********************************************************************************


In May 2011, I weighed 270 lbs and smoked a pack of cigarettes a day. I had been overweight for most of my life and hated myself. I've tried all the quick diet pills and quick fixes and had more failures than I can remember.

Late June 2011, the light bulb went on and I decided to arm myself with knowledge on getting healthy. I studied nutrition and started exercising.... the only way to accomplish body transformation is to master caloric deficits. ACCOUNTABILITY IS KING.

This blog will show my intense journey to losing over 85 lbs in the past 8 months, while quitting smoking and finding the love of my life. If  I can inspire some more people to do the same, my journey would be even more meaningful.... this has become my higher purpose.


Great day at Genesis thanks to a girl I'm very proud of, Elizabeth Immesote. I dearly love my cousin,  Jamey Zuelke. Elizabeth is Jamey's daughter. I remember Elizabeth when she was a little girl and I've seen her around town and talked to her the past few years, but getting to know Elizabeth the woman is an honor.


She is a woman of faith. Doesn't mean she hasn't made mistakes.... we all have.... but she is forward focused, grounded in prayer, and has turned to me to help with her goals. Nothing could be more rewarding for me than helping family!! What a gift this opportunity is for both of us. I am thrilled that Elizabeth works with one of my mentors, Coach Becky Holcomb.  Honestly, I was as proud of Elizabeth today as I would be were she my daughter.


Elizabeth got after it, busting her ass like the rest of us. It was a pretty packed class. I know that Group Centergy can be imposing the 1st several times you take it. One of the things I love about it is that the challenge never ends. For this to have been not only Elizabeth's first Centergy class, but her 1st class, period, at Genesis..... wasn't exactly a walk in the park.


Just like the rest of us, Elizabeth has strengths and weaknesses. I am very pleased to announce that I didn't see even a tiny sign of quit in her. Best part of my day was getting to introduce Elizabeth to the rest of the class.


She texted me several times today. What I liked best is that she felt the team spirit, felt welcomed, not just by Becky and I, but by one and all. I feel more of a team spirit in Group Centergy than in any other class.






I'm stopping right there. Elizabeth Immesote was a star in my view this morning. No need for her to share space with anything or anyone else on this blog tonight. Looking forward to working out with her again.


******************************************************
Adding on because I was blessed last week by getting to work out with another special girl : Ashley Carol. Ashley joined me for Centergy last Sunday afternoon, then again Wednesday morning. Ashley was a natural fit in class, tough to pull off.

My biggest blessing of the week was the way Ashley let me share time with her daughter, Ella. I got to show baby Ella off at the gym Monday night and spent the afternoon with her Thursday. I love all 3 of my girls, Shelly, Ashley and baby Ella.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome of you to dedicate a blog to Elizabeth, and thank you for mentioning mine! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! She did great today. My pick for a local success story of 2012.

    ReplyDelete