Monday, January 2, 2012

1-2-12

1
1-2-12 with Group Centergy/Group Ride Instructor Michelle Stoll 

I will never have a bad Monday. Being my day off, I get to spend a lot of time at Genesis. Starting the day in a class instructed by one of my mentors, then capping the day with my beloved Group Centergy? Yeah, sign me up for 7 Mondays per week.

I work long hours on weekends, so it is imperative to set the tone for my week in Stewart Flinn's 530 AM Group Ride class. I strive to think positive and do all I can to share positive energy, a testimony to the impact Stewart has had on my life. I wanted to be a spin instructor, just like Stewart. That I AM, that I made the instructing team.... is still sinking in.  That Stewart is helping teach me the ropes is huge. It is a tremendous honor to call him my friend. I believe Stewart is without peer when it comes to communicating with his class and he is the best BTS  class(Body Training Systems) salesman I've ever seen. It's inspirational to see his wife, Osun, in all his classes. There is no better way to start the week.

I took a break, then practiced for my G-cycle class tomorrow. Less than thrilled with my performance on one track, but it was better than Saturday (same track ticked me off Saturday). The rest of practice was fine. Geared up and ready to instruct tomorrow's 9 AM class.

Came really close to staying for Vinyasa Flow Yoga class, but I needed to eat, then flirt with my girl.  Now I don't even need to make up an excuse to visit her at her store, The Natural Alternative. Yes, I love the store and her advice definitely aided me in losing weight last summer/fall, but it is much better to go in now for a different reason : she is the love of my life. It's nice being able to stare openly at her, making eye contact and everything! I was crazy about her since the day we met, but it took a long time to admit it. Couldn't make eye contact,  hell, it took a long time just to build up the courage to ask her name. No one ever had this kind of hold on me. I'm not the kind of guy who was used to telling the most beautiful woman in my world that I had loved her since the day we met. Glad I finally did.

On that subject, I believe I deserve some applause for my behavior at Tom and Becky Holcomb's new year's eve party. Though I wanted to, I didn't point at Shelly, yelling "I'm with her!!!!" .... not even once. Not bragging, but that took more than a little restraint. Let's see ..... stared at her and flirted with her constantly, but I didn't drool.... I should get a little credit for not drooling. Ummmm...... didn't even try making out with her when the lights dimmed as we watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Wait, no credit for that, it's a Planet of the Apes movie..... of course I was watching the movie! I do, however, want a little credit for not yelling at anyone for violating my "Heston rule" : Thou shalt not say even one bad word about the 1st 2 Planet of the Apes movies.

530 PM meant Group Ride with Krazy Kirby Kerschner.  My son, Jerry, and I had a wonderful time. Kirby is my favorite singer and the man is certainly a top notch athlete and instructor. I will certainly be a regular at his class.

630 PM Group Centergy with Michelle Stoll.  Michelle is always upbeat and the class was fairly packed tonight. I was on the guy's end of the room, with Jerry and John (nice guy, just met him tonight). I survived core track again, all 784 leg scissors. Didn't tap out or take a break. Super tough track, toughest I've had so far.

Great day. Burned a bunch of calories.

2904 calories 310 grams protein
Sodium was high, but lunch at Subway will do that.


Centergy note from last Friday :
I loved the fact that everyone in class was asking about Todd Carr. Todd was downstairs, betraying everyone in Group Centergy!!! ..... just playing.... Todd was in Diane Ravenstien's Group Kick class. Todd is certainly a pouplar member of Friday's Centergy class -- he hits the classes hard, too, including Group Power and Group Ride.

I saw Diane tonight, only enough time for a high 5 and a hello. Introduced Jerry to Jeremy Hayes. Very cool. Got stuck doing a good deed this afternoon instead of attending Becky Leduc Carder's 1215 Group Power class. Good deeds are overrated. 





3 comments:

  1. Wow that's great! So inspiring as well which id the stuff I really need to be reading. I do believe that 'maybe' in due time I'll end up doing soooo much more than I do now.(physically) I do tons of cleaning,shopping,errands,chores,take care of/stay on top of two cats&one of them not even a year old so he trashes the house. Its constantly dealing w/pouring clean litter&filtering LOL. Since this house&our cats seem like a full time job&I have to take things slower because of my back,I just never have the time for physical activity. I think I use that as an excuse in my head alot and I will admit it even tho I am really in excruciating pain alot of the time. I congratulate you/both of you on your happiness and your fitness because I see its making you very happy and also not everyone can just pick themselves up and do that sort of thing. Well they dont anyways. Lack of motivation, time,better things to do,not thinking about their health etc. My best wishes also go out to you and Shelly and I hope you end up in one anothers arms,hearts&souls for the rest of your lives&until the end of time : ) thanks for the inspiration. I know people who read this just gotta be inspired as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greatly appreciated, Sarah!! Sounds like you get a lot more physical activity than you credit yourself for. You'd be surprised how many calories you burn with the things you listed. I'm praying that your back issues improve.

    Your comments mean a lot to me. I had a lot of help at Genesis (and that will continue). Yeah, my drive is internal, proud of that, but prayer plays a huge role. I'll take credit for my drive and God gets credit for my strength.

    God also gets credit for bringing Shelly into my life. I've never been loved like this in the past. Not even close. I love writing about her. She is far beyond anything I had ever imagined for myself. I am very inspired by your kind words. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete